musing...
Hello!!
So, I've sent out "invitations" to folks so you can make comments. I hope I figured that part out. If not, I will humble myself and ask Brent to help me!!
So, what's up? How's life? Here it is just too busy. I have been working at the French daycare, Garderie les Petits Nanooks, since the end of November. Initially, the Director asked me to fill in for a couple of days. Then she was suddenly put on sick leave and...ach...there I was...acting as Director while she was gone! Yikes! Talk about fast learning curve. Monday, she returned and I was more than happy to pass back the reigns. I'll miss all those kids when we move.
I can't believe how quickly time is flying by. All of a sudden...we're MOVING! After wanting it so much, I feel like time is moving too fast now. I'm not ready at all!!! Thank heavens Brent will be off for three weeks, starting Monday. I'll finish at the daycare on Friday, Feb 3. After that, we'll throw Kaisa's birthday party and pack!!! Eish!!

Fortunately, we were able to send a bunch of our stuff down by sealift. Brent's Dad came up in September at helped Brent build a platform, right in the seacan, over the snow machines. We had until October 4, I think, to get that seacan packed up. Believe me, we were at it right until the last minute!!!
So, I've sent out "invitations" to folks so you can make comments. I hope I figured that part out. If not, I will humble myself and ask Brent to help me!!
So, what's up? How's life? Here it is just too busy. I have been working at the French daycare, Garderie les Petits Nanooks, since the end of November. Initially, the Director asked me to fill in for a couple of days. Then she was suddenly put on sick leave and...ach...there I was...acting as Director while she was gone! Yikes! Talk about fast learning curve. Monday, she returned and I was more than happy to pass back the reigns. I'll miss all those kids when we move.
I can't believe how quickly time is flying by. All of a sudden...we're MOVING! After wanting it so much, I feel like time is moving too fast now. I'm not ready at all!!! Thank heavens Brent will be off for three weeks, starting Monday. I'll finish at the daycare on Friday, Feb 3. After that, we'll throw Kaisa's birthday party and pack!!! Eish!!

Fortunately, we were able to send a bunch of our stuff down by sealift. Brent's Dad came up in September at helped Brent build a platform, right in the seacan, over the snow machines. We had until October 4, I think, to get that seacan packed up. Believe me, we were at it right until the last minute!!!

Our Rav4 is also down South already. Good thing, too. My Dad went off the road at Christmas. He was trying to avoid a deer. (Guess I'll have to watch out for those once we move.) While his car was in getting body work done, he was able to use ours.
It's a pretty strange thing to see your belongings float away on a ship and not know when you'll be reunited! When we sent our stuff down, we fully expected to be moved in somewhere by Christmas. Funny how a person's plans don't always come to fruition. Ah well...St. Patrick's Day works just as well. At least now we will be able to claim northern residence for our 2005 income taxes!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home