Southward Bound

Documenting our move from North to South

Friday, January 27, 2006

I hate when that happens!

Hey there, I had written an entry with lots of pictures and stuff...and then lost it! Ugh! I'll try again but cannot promise it'll be as good. Blah!

This is a picture of the first house Brent and I had put an offer in on. It was beautifully decorated and had a lot of charm but the sellers were really difficult to deal with. They left us with a negative feeling and it tarnished our opinion of the house, I'm afraid. I did love the size of the kitchen, the woodwork, and the sunroom. At the same time, it was a bit dark and didn't have nice large family room, something we have become accustomed to with our current house.

In the end, I got to see the Blue House in October, just when we had an offer on our house in Iqaluit. Unfortunately, that offer fell through due to financing and so we had to play a waiting game for about 2 months. It was fairly torturous!! At last, we got another offer on this place just before Christmas...what a gift!! I contacted the real estate agent right away. Not a moment too soon either! There was another couple who had already put a conditional offer on the house but it had expired. I understood that they were about to put a new conditional offer on it. Last Friday, January 20, everything became settled and this is going to definately be our new home!! Hurrah!!

I love the landscape of this place so much more than the "country home". There are trees and bush for acres. As well, the current owners have put a lot of time into the gardens. I am going to ask them for a map of what they have done so I can try and maintain it. What fun!! The other wonderful feature about this place is the large family room in the walkout basement. I know we will spend a lot of time down there. There is lots of space for visitors! I'm hoping our friends will always feel welcome to drop in for a BBQ or just to hang out!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home