Stressors and Surprises
So....
I didn't add anything for a few days there because we were dealing with a couple of pieces of news this week. Last Tuesday, we got a phone call from our lawyer's office. It appeared that the buyer of this house had had some sort of stumbling block with his bank. It was all very vague and, in the end, it has been ironed out...but...eish!!! By Thursday we were starting to feel pretty stressed about this as we had heard nothing back from the buyer. We were finally able to exhale on Friday afternoon.
Wednesday was a blizzard day here in Iqaluit. It was of those ones that goes on all day but sometimes feels like nothing is going on then all of sudden you can't see across the street. When the winds died down, it was a clear crisp day around here in Tundra Valley, one of the subdivisions. We found something out that was pretty life-changing that blizzardy Wednesday afternoon. It would seem that there will be five people in our family come October! (Counting Maas, who will be 10 that same month, we'll become a family of six!) Now that we have recovered from the incredible surprise, Brent and I are just praying that this wee thing grows into a healthy baby. Hee hee, it would seem after we move that we'll be trading the Rav4 in for a minivan!!! I have to say, I still can't quite believe it!! I'm pretty sure our little October baby will be a joyous child...probably a bit mischievous. Not only did she or he completely surprise we the parents...pretty much everyone we tell starts laughing upon hearing the news. My Dad ROARED!!! My mother refused to believe me!! Only after she spoke to Brent did she grasp that indeed she would become a grandmother of five!!! Then she laughed, too!!!
I shall sign off with these glad tidings!
I learned one thing to be true when I first moved up here. The quote is not my own. It came from a movie but I have lived it over and over again...
I didn't add anything for a few days there because we were dealing with a couple of pieces of news this week. Last Tuesday, we got a phone call from our lawyer's office. It appeared that the buyer of this house had had some sort of stumbling block with his bank. It was all very vague and, in the end, it has been ironed out...but...eish!!! By Thursday we were starting to feel pretty stressed about this as we had heard nothing back from the buyer. We were finally able to exhale on Friday afternoon.
Wednesday was a blizzard day here in Iqaluit. It was of those ones that goes on all day but sometimes feels like nothing is going on then all of sudden you can't see across the street. When the winds died down, it was a clear crisp day around here in Tundra Valley, one of the subdivisions. We found something out that was pretty life-changing that blizzardy Wednesday afternoon. It would seem that there will be five people in our family come October! (Counting Maas, who will be 10 that same month, we'll become a family of six!) Now that we have recovered from the incredible surprise, Brent and I are just praying that this wee thing grows into a healthy baby. Hee hee, it would seem after we move that we'll be trading the Rav4 in for a minivan!!! I have to say, I still can't quite believe it!! I'm pretty sure our little October baby will be a joyous child...probably a bit mischievous. Not only did she or he completely surprise we the parents...pretty much everyone we tell starts laughing upon hearing the news. My Dad ROARED!!! My mother refused to believe me!! Only after she spoke to Brent did she grasp that indeed she would become a grandmother of five!!! Then she laughed, too!!!
I shall sign off with these glad tidings!
I learned one thing to be true when I first moved up here. The quote is not my own. It came from a movie but I have lived it over and over again...
If you want to make God laugh,
Tell Him your plans!

2 Comments:
At Sun Feb 12, 09:43:00 a.m.,
Unknown said…
Congratulations....That is wonderful news!
At Tue Feb 14, 07:22:00 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Congradulations, I'm in shock! and
I'm giddy for you ! I NEVER would of thought I would read that in a blog!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home