Southward Bound

Documenting our move from North to South

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Waiting Game


This picture of a sundog or "trois-soleil" was taken by my former co-worker, Isabelle.

So, our original closing date has come and gone. Sigh! We have signed an extension for March 7. Let's hope that all the necessary paper work is done by then and that the kids and I can get on that southward bound jet!!! I need to get Alexander registered for school. Never mind, it would be nice to buy some of the furniture and appliances before we move so that it can be delivered on time. Craziness!!! Thank heavens, for the first time since I left home in 1987, we're moving close to family!! At least we will be able to bunk in at my folks' place until the basics are in place...you know beds...fridge...stove...washing machine!! This is the first time I'll be buying appliances. Everything was included with this house (Iqaluit) and before that I always lived in rentals. This whole thing is so grown up!! Ha Ha!! At 37, I'm finally becoming an adult!!! Oh well. I'm actually not in that great a rush. It's fun feeling young!

Take care...Gabrielle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home