June Bugs Aren't Very Smart!
So, it has been a while...almost a month. Life has been busy. Brent just got back last night. Hurrah! The four of us (and Baby-In-The-Works!!) are at the library right now. The librarian is doing Story Time with the kids while Brent and I hang out on the computers. So, I thought I'd just bring things up to date.
As you can guess from the title, we've encountered June Bugs...and I don't think they're the brightest species on the planet. Wouldn't really want them taking over the running of the planet. Maybe they're related to George Bush or something 'cause they can't seem to learn anything from making the same stupid move over and over again. Despite being named JUNE Bugs...these things appeared by mid-May...not so good with the calendar. Once they appeared, they made reading at night...noisy! The damn things would ping and pong against the window again and again. The stupid things seemed to think that if they kept at it they could break through the window or screen and make it to the reveared light of my bedside lamp. Grrr! And this is how I'm thinking they could be related to G.W.B. - both pound away, getting nowhere, convinced that they're on the right track, not listening to what the evidence is telling them...ie, they aren't making any headway whatsoever. I guess the one difference - and it's a big one - is that the June Bug, while annoying, is only hurting itself. Bush, also annoying, is hurting thousands and remaining untouched himself.
Good Heavens...who knew June Bugs could be the source of a rant against Bush?!
Back to the telling of lighthearted adventures in Apple Hill!!
Alexander is turning me into a sports mom! He is in soccer and T-ball. He towers a full head above everyone on his soccer team. He loves to run and keep up with the ball. They had they're first game on Wednesday. Grandma and Grandpa Stanton came out to watch and I believe were impressed by their grandson's determination! At T-ball this morning, I swear I had tears in my eyes! They actually start off with the National Anthem. There we stood, Brent, Kaisa, Baby-In-The-Works, and I, watching our Alexander on the field, the Canadian Flag waving in the wind, and an actual live performance by one of the T-Ball Moms! I felt very patriotic!
Kaisa is continuing to blosom into her own version of a princess!! She loves to wear dresses and it can be a job to convince her that pants are better for certain activities. We started going through some of her clothes with the goal of passing the stuff she had grown out of onto her cousin. There were certain items the girl could absolutely not part with, no matter how much of her cute belly they might show off. On Wednesday, she was in her element! After gymnastics, we went for lunch at a friend's place. Her daughter has wonderful princess parifinalia! You should have seen my girl!
We recently had a visit with above mentioned cousin...Natasha. A mutual friend of Monique's (my sister) and mine, Ms Melanie, came along with us in the car. (Brent was still up North.) We had a great weekend. I finally got to go to the Printemps des Artistes...and gathering of many artists from the Lac Megantic area. I was really impressed with Monique's latest piece...a pictoresque scene from her area. She is really talented!
Well, Story Time is done and the timer is flashing down at the bottom of my screen. Time to go!! Hope things are going well. I will try and get some pictures loaded on...one of these days. There's talk of high speed coming to our part of the countryside. If it does happen, writing here will be a lot easier.
Take care! Gabrielle
As you can guess from the title, we've encountered June Bugs...and I don't think they're the brightest species on the planet. Wouldn't really want them taking over the running of the planet. Maybe they're related to George Bush or something 'cause they can't seem to learn anything from making the same stupid move over and over again. Despite being named JUNE Bugs...these things appeared by mid-May...not so good with the calendar. Once they appeared, they made reading at night...noisy! The damn things would ping and pong against the window again and again. The stupid things seemed to think that if they kept at it they could break through the window or screen and make it to the reveared light of my bedside lamp. Grrr! And this is how I'm thinking they could be related to G.W.B. - both pound away, getting nowhere, convinced that they're on the right track, not listening to what the evidence is telling them...ie, they aren't making any headway whatsoever. I guess the one difference - and it's a big one - is that the June Bug, while annoying, is only hurting itself. Bush, also annoying, is hurting thousands and remaining untouched himself.
Good Heavens...who knew June Bugs could be the source of a rant against Bush?!
Back to the telling of lighthearted adventures in Apple Hill!!
Alexander is turning me into a sports mom! He is in soccer and T-ball. He towers a full head above everyone on his soccer team. He loves to run and keep up with the ball. They had they're first game on Wednesday. Grandma and Grandpa Stanton came out to watch and I believe were impressed by their grandson's determination! At T-ball this morning, I swear I had tears in my eyes! They actually start off with the National Anthem. There we stood, Brent, Kaisa, Baby-In-The-Works, and I, watching our Alexander on the field, the Canadian Flag waving in the wind, and an actual live performance by one of the T-Ball Moms! I felt very patriotic!
Kaisa is continuing to blosom into her own version of a princess!! She loves to wear dresses and it can be a job to convince her that pants are better for certain activities. We started going through some of her clothes with the goal of passing the stuff she had grown out of onto her cousin. There were certain items the girl could absolutely not part with, no matter how much of her cute belly they might show off. On Wednesday, she was in her element! After gymnastics, we went for lunch at a friend's place. Her daughter has wonderful princess parifinalia! You should have seen my girl!
We recently had a visit with above mentioned cousin...Natasha. A mutual friend of Monique's (my sister) and mine, Ms Melanie, came along with us in the car. (Brent was still up North.) We had a great weekend. I finally got to go to the Printemps des Artistes...and gathering of many artists from the Lac Megantic area. I was really impressed with Monique's latest piece...a pictoresque scene from her area. She is really talented!
Well, Story Time is done and the timer is flashing down at the bottom of my screen. Time to go!! Hope things are going well. I will try and get some pictures loaded on...one of these days. There's talk of high speed coming to our part of the countryside. If it does happen, writing here will be a lot easier.
Take care! Gabrielle

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home