Phew...
Hey there,
this is just a quick note to say we are really doing this!! We've had a few delays but the new closing date has been set and according to our lawyer, it should actually stick! Hurrah! I can finally breath again!! The unfortunate thing is that we now have to ask for an extension on the property down South.
The next three weeks are going to be incredibly busy. Brent has been asked to work an extra week. I think actually they would love it if he could just work straight through until his next rotation!! But now he'll come down on the 20th (Alexander's first day of school in the new place!!) instead of the 13th. Hopefully we will be moving into our new place on March 24 if not a day or two earlier, instead of the 17th (sniff...I can hardly wait to get moved in). Then Brent will take off for training in Calgary for the week while I stay in our new home accepting furniture deliveries!! He'll come back via Ottawa, to spend the weekend at our new home, before going back up to Iqaluit to start his next rotation. And there it all begins... Three weeks on, three weeks off.
The kids are great. The most exciting thing to them about moving is that they will live close to their grandparents! I don't think they understand what they will be leaving behind, especially not Kaisa. But the good news is that a number of our friends will be moving South this year and we should be able to stay in touch and see each other from time to time.
I went to my first Oscar party last night.
Just heard a big bump...and now some crying...gotta go!
this is just a quick note to say we are really doing this!! We've had a few delays but the new closing date has been set and according to our lawyer, it should actually stick! Hurrah! I can finally breath again!! The unfortunate thing is that we now have to ask for an extension on the property down South.
The next three weeks are going to be incredibly busy. Brent has been asked to work an extra week. I think actually they would love it if he could just work straight through until his next rotation!! But now he'll come down on the 20th (Alexander's first day of school in the new place!!) instead of the 13th. Hopefully we will be moving into our new place on March 24 if not a day or two earlier, instead of the 17th (sniff...I can hardly wait to get moved in). Then Brent will take off for training in Calgary for the week while I stay in our new home accepting furniture deliveries!! He'll come back via Ottawa, to spend the weekend at our new home, before going back up to Iqaluit to start his next rotation. And there it all begins... Three weeks on, three weeks off.
The kids are great. The most exciting thing to them about moving is that they will live close to their grandparents! I don't think they understand what they will be leaving behind, especially not Kaisa. But the good news is that a number of our friends will be moving South this year and we should be able to stay in touch and see each other from time to time.
I went to my first Oscar party last night.
Just heard a big bump...and now some crying...gotta go!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home