Ya' Wanna' Buy an H?
Yeah, okay...so if you never watched Sesame Street, then that title will make no sense...but if you did...remember that guy who would go up to Ernie and ask him if he wanted to buy the letter of the day? He'd have the letter stashed inside his overcoat and acted like some sort of spy. Anyway, that was what I was thinking of.
For any of you who have lived in Iqaluit before, the sight of our living room - you know kind of like a store - will come as no surprise. Tomorrow morning, as long as CBC and Raven Rock radio stations get out the community announcement - we're having a moving sale from 9 to 11. With any luck, everything you see here will be gone in 1/2 an hour!! Seriously, garage sales, etc. are a big deal up here. As long as the announcement is on the radio, we could have people starting to park their cars and trucks in front of our house by 8:30!!
We've bumped our closing date on our Southern home up to Tuesday, March 21. Keep your fingers crossed that we don't run into any more glitches!!!! I expect the biggest sense of relief to overwhelm me the moment I cross the threshold of our new home!!! What a crazy journey it has been. I suppose it's more fodder for the book I keep saying I'll one day write!!! Everything happens for a reason, they say!
Brent's schedule has changed...again. So now, he'll get down in time for us to sign documents, take possession, and hopefully have a few furniture deliveries. Then off to Calgary for training. He won't get back to see us but go straight back up to Iqaluit for his next rotation. The next time he comes down, I'm sure we'll have a bunch of house stuff to do...and Brent and I are taking our first "real vacation". My friend, Briar, is getting married in Palm Springs, California, and we're actually going to go to the wedding!!! I can hardly wait. It will be weird for both of us to leave the kids...and spend time together...just the two of us. But, I'm thinking we'll have fun, too. What a drag that I won't even be able to sip on a glass of wine at the wedding or sitting by the pool. Oh well. So much more important that Baby #3 (what a horibble nickname...might call him/her Bobbi for now...not sure) is growing healthily!!! (Still can't really believe that we are having another baby!!!)

Anyhow, I have to go do some pricing and packing!!! Do we ever have a lot to do in the next 30 hours. Oh, and to make things better...Brent flies all day Sunday. He'll have to come back here after a full day of ski flying, clean the carpets and do whatever else remains to be done, and then back to another full day of flying on Monday. It is possible that he'll be happier than I am when this move is over! I don't think he has had a full night's sleep in months. Stress...what a pain!!
Okay, so enough talk...springing into action and signing off...
Gabrielle :)
For any of you who have lived in Iqaluit before, the sight of our living room - you know kind of like a store - will come as no surprise. Tomorrow morning, as long as CBC and Raven Rock radio stations get out the community announcement - we're having a moving sale from 9 to 11. With any luck, everything you see here will be gone in 1/2 an hour!! Seriously, garage sales, etc. are a big deal up here. As long as the announcement is on the radio, we could have people starting to park their cars and trucks in front of our house by 8:30!!We've bumped our closing date on our Southern home up to Tuesday, March 21. Keep your fingers crossed that we don't run into any more glitches!!!! I expect the biggest sense of relief to overwhelm me the moment I cross the threshold of our new home!!! What a crazy journey it has been. I suppose it's more fodder for the book I keep saying I'll one day write!!! Everything happens for a reason, they say!
Brent's schedule has changed...again. So now, he'll get down in time for us to sign documents, take possession, and hopefully have a few furniture deliveries. Then off to Calgary for training. He won't get back to see us but go straight back up to Iqaluit for his next rotation. The next time he comes down, I'm sure we'll have a bunch of house stuff to do...and Brent and I are taking our first "real vacation". My friend, Briar, is getting married in Palm Springs, California, and we're actually going to go to the wedding!!! I can hardly wait. It will be weird for both of us to leave the kids...and spend time together...just the two of us. But, I'm thinking we'll have fun, too. What a drag that I won't even be able to sip on a glass of wine at the wedding or sitting by the pool. Oh well. So much more important that Baby #3 (what a horibble nickname...might call him/her Bobbi for now...not sure) is growing healthily!!! (Still can't really believe that we are having another baby!!!)

Anyhow, I have to go do some pricing and packing!!! Do we ever have a lot to do in the next 30 hours. Oh, and to make things better...Brent flies all day Sunday. He'll have to come back here after a full day of ski flying, clean the carpets and do whatever else remains to be done, and then back to another full day of flying on Monday. It is possible that he'll be happier than I am when this move is over! I don't think he has had a full night's sleep in months. Stress...what a pain!!
Okay, so enough talk...springing into action and signing off...
Gabrielle :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home