Southward Bound

Documenting our move from North to South

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I'm at Camp!

Hey there,

So, I'm hanging out at Silver Lake Mennonite Camp with Kaisa!! Alexander is a camper for the first time and seems to be enjoying himself. He loves the waterfront!! I think he gets that from his Dad. Kaisa loves playing in the sand, helping cleaning up the tables after dinner, putting out the campfire at night...and so on. She is getting a bit spoiled!! If she comes back as a camper, she'll have to learn that she isn't allowed in the kitchen and doesn't get to snack whenever she wants!!!

Baby #3 is kicking more and making her/his presence known. I'm feeling pregnant now, for sure! I find carrying Kaisa more and more challenging, along with getting up.

Brent has written to say that it looks like he'll be doing 2 wk rotations instead of 3 weeks on, 3 off. There are ups and downs to everything...but I think it'll be easier from my perspective to have him only gone for 2 weeks at a time...especially once October rolls around!

When home last time, Brent got a lot done, including building a play structure for the kids. We also had Alexander's birthday party...complete witha visit from someone from Little Ray's Zoo and about a dozen reptiles. Everyone seemed pretty facinated by the visitors!! It was so awesome to have a birthday party with family!!!! My cousin John, his wife, and their son, my cousin Diana, my sister, brother-in-law, and neice, Natasha, were all there!! On top of that, we had some of our family friends and some of Alexander's pals from school.

No sooner was Alexander's party over when Monique and I were planning another party...this one for my parents...they just celebrated their 40th Anniversary! Two of my aunts were actually there from Nova Scotia, along with a number of my folks' friends.

We also spent an afternoon and evening in Val David, the Laurentians, with friends from Iqaluit. Somewhere in there, too, we had some work done on our Rav-4. All in all...life has been busy!

I should actually take off and get to bed. Life at camp is busy!! Tomorrow, actually, Kaisa and I will leave camp and go visit with a friend from Bishop's U.

Well...gotta get going!!

Happy Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home