H1N1 & Cancer
What a dreadful heading...but these things are on my mind. A co-worker is on her way to the memorial service for a little girl who died of H1N1. Yesterday, I learned of a young friend who is dying of cancer. I think this is the fourth person I have heard of who is suffering from cancer in as many months. What is going on?
About H1N1...Brent and I are trying to decide if we should get the vaccine, and if our kids should have it. Interestingly, many students, at the college I teach at, are against the vaccine...even those with children. Initially, I thought I would not get it. Now, I think I will. Still, I don't know if it is the right thing to do.
And then there's Hallowe'en. Do I really want my children trick-or-treating if people are going to handle these candies - that I don't really want the kids eating, anyway. Who knows if the people have hands free of these H1N1 germs. Paranoid? Maybe. At the same time, all three of my kids have had severe viruses before. Two of them were hospitalized for a week each. It is a terrible thing to go through. Luckily, they came out of the experiences okay.
We are lucky that our kids' school seems not to have been hit, so far. I sent them off to school with hand sanitizer, today. How did I become this person!??
Wishing you and yours wellness, health, and happiness.
Take care, Gabrielle
About H1N1...Brent and I are trying to decide if we should get the vaccine, and if our kids should have it. Interestingly, many students, at the college I teach at, are against the vaccine...even those with children. Initially, I thought I would not get it. Now, I think I will. Still, I don't know if it is the right thing to do.
And then there's Hallowe'en. Do I really want my children trick-or-treating if people are going to handle these candies - that I don't really want the kids eating, anyway. Who knows if the people have hands free of these H1N1 germs. Paranoid? Maybe. At the same time, all three of my kids have had severe viruses before. Two of them were hospitalized for a week each. It is a terrible thing to go through. Luckily, they came out of the experiences okay.
We are lucky that our kids' school seems not to have been hit, so far. I sent them off to school with hand sanitizer, today. How did I become this person!??
Wishing you and yours wellness, health, and happiness.
Take care, Gabrielle

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home