Southward Bound

Documenting our move from North to South

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Southern Living...

Yet again a lot of time has passed since I have written anything. I am not sure what it is that keeps me away. Perhaps the invention of Facebook!!

The kids are all doing well. We're just getting started on the summer sport scene. Soccer has yet to get started and baseball began last weekend. I am trying to get the Rapidz Baseball Club (new in Ottawa) to have a game or two with a peanut/nut reduced zone. The Toronto Blue Jays have done this for 3 games this season. We almost decided to take Alexander but then felt it was too costly. It would be great if the Rapidz decide to do it. It's a lot cheaper than taking Alexander to a Sens game!!

Kaisa's dance recital was a week ago. She loved being in a performance! As she said, "Last year, I got freaked out. This year I didn't." She was so cute! I can hardly wait to get the recording of the performance to show Brent. I think his heart will burst with pride!

Davin is into pretty much everything!!! He's talking more, at least we parental units understand him. He's so much fun! He's having a lot of change right now. His babysitter has closed up shop and so we are in the midst of changing his away-from-home caregiver. And I think he misses his cousins, my sister's girls, who have gone back home after spending about 8 months living down the road at my parents'. My sister was going to teachers' college at ottawa u.

Brent has recently changed companies. Hopefully with this new job we'll be able to do a little traveling. The company offers deals on flights.

I am in between things right now. Not sure what the future holds for me. I just finished teaching at the College in Cornwall. I do a bit at the local library. I substitute taught at the French high school in town. You know, a little of this, a little of that. Currently, I'm taking an interesting course. The subject matter may not appeal to everyone but it is thought provoking. The course is called "Creative Responses to Grief and Bereavement". I am getting back into the business mode and hope to get things going on that front. In keeping with that goal, I will be going to a conference in Boston, in July. The fun thing is that my sister and I will go together. Wha hoo! We should have a blast!

Better sign off for now. We still have sloooow speed (slower than before, if possible!!!) and I am writing from the library computer. Must get home to see my peoples!

Happy Day!! Gabrielle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home