Southward Bound

Documenting our move from North to South

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Traveling to Toronto

Hey there,

I am doing something I have never done before! I am on the train to Toronto while my three children are at home with their Dad. Davin is not quite six months old, so this is a novelty for both of us. I hope he does okay. I know he'll live through the experience...but I'm afraid he'll feel sad and lost. He loves his Dad and his brother and his sister...but I'm the one he wants at the end of the day. So, I'm excited about the conference I'm going to. I'm excited about the possiblity of three nights uninterupted sleep, and I'm excited about getting off the train on Saturday evening and being reunited with my family.

I don't know how Brent is able to go away from home so much. I've been feeling so many mixed emotions about this ever since making the decision to go and they have intensified in the last week. I wanted all of us to go but I think Brent felt it would be easier to just hang out at home with the kids then try to keep them entertained in Toronto while I was off at the conference.

It hasn't even been 3 hours since I nursed, though, and I'm already feeling like I'm going to have to express. Yikes! I don't think I'll have time before my first workshop.

One thing I do hope to do while in Toronto is get to the exercise room in the hotel each day that I'm there. I joined a gym that has babysitting but have not had much luck getting there the last month. As I said to my friend the other day, I want to get back in shape. I have no interest in having a sagging middle age body!! When I was in Iqaluit, I had the opportunity to become a certified aerobics instructor. While I likely would have been the most accident prone one in the country, now, I still wish I had snagged that opportunity. Lesson learned: don't put off until tomorrow what can be done today.

So, on top of trying to get back on track with workouts, I am going to try and work on this blog and attempt to get a couple of full nights of sleep while I'm away.

I will write later about what has been going on in the last little bit.

Happy Day! Gabrielle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home