Southward Bound

Documenting our move from North to South

Saturday, August 05, 2006

I'm an Aunt...again!!

This morning, my new niece...Miss Olivia was born! I haven't got all the details yet but Sistah/Mama Mo and Baby Olivia are doing well. I'm sure Papa Luc and Little Miss Natasha are proud and happy! I'll pass on more news when I get it.

Back on the ranch...you know what I mean...back home in Apple Hill, we've been keeping ourselves busy. I'm at the library right now...avoiding the lawn!! I've got to get at that today. The temperature is reasonable and it's not raining. A combination that has been hard to come by the last few weeks. We've hit above 40 C with the humidex. Let me tell you...that is not an easy adjustment for people moving from the Arctic!!! There were a couple of days when all we did was keep the kids down in the basement watching TV. It was just too damn hot outside!!

Other events and activities...Alexander's still playing T-Ball - only two more games. Unfortunately, he cannot go to the final event - a Lynx game in Ottawa. They sell peanuts and the potential for Alexander having an allergic reaction is not worth the risk. He is also doing soccer. It's great! I think he has potential to be a good player with some coaching and practice. In the fall, he'll be starting hockey. I can't believe school starts in less than a month - Grade 1...here he comes!

Kaisa is looking forward to taking dance or ballet lessons in the fall. I'm hoping to get them both in music classes, too.

Baby is due October 15...I'm getting bigger and bigger. Yikes! I've already surpassed my weight from when I had Kaisa. Still, the reality of Baby #3 hasn't completely sunk it. It's very strange. This Baby was so not in the plan when we decided to move...so, both Brent and I have had to work at wrapping our heads around the fact that we are going to have three kids. Craziness!! The next time Brent is home is getting scheduled up. Lots going on. The one after that, in September, we will really have to concentrate on getting ourselves a van.

We've also been visiting. Most of the people we've see are friends who have or who are relocating from Iqaluit. Yesterday, Alexander, Kaisa, and I spent the day with two families we used to have frequent "play dates" with. Eight hours passed in no time!

Another recent adventure...last weekend, our family went camping with friends. We had a great time. The mosquitoes were nasty and sleeping on an airmattress when 7 months pregnant proved to be a challenge...at least getting out of it...But lots of fun nonetheless.

Kaisa would like to use the computer now. So, I'm being booted off. PBS Kids...here we come!

Happy Day...Gabrielle

1 Comments:

  • At Thu Aug 17, 09:30:00 a.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    That heat would have been unbearable regardless of where you are from! Brian was in Toronto when it was 40+ with the humidex, wearing a suite as well and he was shocked. That was right after our heat wave!

    Congrats to Monique!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home