Merry Christmas!!!
Here in Apple Hill, Alexander, Kaisa, and Davin and I have been celebrating Christmas in spirit with Brent/Daddy. He is working up North and won't be home until after the New Year. In person, so far, we have visited with some good friends and three of the grandparents. My sister, Auntie Mo, and her family will be coming in time for New Year's Eve. They'll stay down the road at Mom and Dad's but I'm sure the cousins will get together a lot during the visit! Hopefully Bamma (Brent's Mom), Auntie Jen, and Uncle Chris will be able to join us when we have our big Christmas dinner, after Brent's arrival home.
To keep life interesting, Davin has developed pneumonia. He is actually asleep in my lap right now. Poor little guy. This, of course, brings back a flood of memories from when Kaisa had RSV and pneumonia. She was hospitalized for a week when she was the same age - 2 months. We've been worried about Davin for almost a month. Every time we took him to a doctor, though, we were told his lungs were clear and there didn't seem to be much concern. Finally, a couple of nights ago, Davin developed a fever. This time, the doctor in emergency decided to take a few extra steps and ordered an x-ray. That was in the middle of the night. When I went back yesterday, we saw another doctor...also willing to listen and pay attention. I think the pneumonia only just developed. The doctor who did order the x-rays couldn't hear anything unusual in Davin's chest. But thank heavens he did order the x-rays because otherwise, Davin would have gotten much sicker before anyone would have paid attention. Now he is started on antibiotics and I'm to take him back tomorrow for follow up. All this, of course, while Brent is away.
Fortunately and wonderfully, Mom and Dad live down the road and have been an immense help. Also, two of my very good university friends came for lunch today. Not only did they come for lunch...they brought it!!! AND I did not have to worry about them judging me by the state (disastrous state!!) of my house! Thankfully, they both have children and could completely understand why the house was in such a state of chaos!! After Kaisa and Alexander had a great time playing with El's two kids - Shonda's stayed home...they're older - we had a quiet evening. On their way home, Grandma and Grandpa (my folks) dropped in to see how Davin was doing. They stayed and helped me out with bedtime, holding Davin - which needs to be done constantly, getting dishes done and laundry folded. I felt soooo much better when I went to bed!!!
It seems this time of year is often a time of reflection. When I have a moment to do so, I am certainly thankful for the wonderful friends and family I am blessed with.
Best wishes to you and your family over this Christmas Season!! Gabrielle
Here in Apple Hill, Alexander, Kaisa, and Davin and I have been celebrating Christmas in spirit with Brent/Daddy. He is working up North and won't be home until after the New Year. In person, so far, we have visited with some good friends and three of the grandparents. My sister, Auntie Mo, and her family will be coming in time for New Year's Eve. They'll stay down the road at Mom and Dad's but I'm sure the cousins will get together a lot during the visit! Hopefully Bamma (Brent's Mom), Auntie Jen, and Uncle Chris will be able to join us when we have our big Christmas dinner, after Brent's arrival home.
To keep life interesting, Davin has developed pneumonia. He is actually asleep in my lap right now. Poor little guy. This, of course, brings back a flood of memories from when Kaisa had RSV and pneumonia. She was hospitalized for a week when she was the same age - 2 months. We've been worried about Davin for almost a month. Every time we took him to a doctor, though, we were told his lungs were clear and there didn't seem to be much concern. Finally, a couple of nights ago, Davin developed a fever. This time, the doctor in emergency decided to take a few extra steps and ordered an x-ray. That was in the middle of the night. When I went back yesterday, we saw another doctor...also willing to listen and pay attention. I think the pneumonia only just developed. The doctor who did order the x-rays couldn't hear anything unusual in Davin's chest. But thank heavens he did order the x-rays because otherwise, Davin would have gotten much sicker before anyone would have paid attention. Now he is started on antibiotics and I'm to take him back tomorrow for follow up. All this, of course, while Brent is away.
Fortunately and wonderfully, Mom and Dad live down the road and have been an immense help. Also, two of my very good university friends came for lunch today. Not only did they come for lunch...they brought it!!! AND I did not have to worry about them judging me by the state (disastrous state!!) of my house! Thankfully, they both have children and could completely understand why the house was in such a state of chaos!! After Kaisa and Alexander had a great time playing with El's two kids - Shonda's stayed home...they're older - we had a quiet evening. On their way home, Grandma and Grandpa (my folks) dropped in to see how Davin was doing. They stayed and helped me out with bedtime, holding Davin - which needs to be done constantly, getting dishes done and laundry folded. I felt soooo much better when I went to bed!!!
It seems this time of year is often a time of reflection. When I have a moment to do so, I am certainly thankful for the wonderful friends and family I am blessed with.
Best wishes to you and your family over this Christmas Season!! Gabrielle

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home